The Controller is responsible for leading month end close activities for Sustana’s fiber facility in De Pere, Wisconsin, as well as all financial reporting statements to present to senior management and the executive team as necessary. The Controller works closely with a variety of different areas throughout the mills, including sales, operations, maintenance, technical and management.
- Lead Sustana Fiber’s accounting team in preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review the manufacturing and financial results of the mills and make recommendations and/or alert responsible management staff of problems and opportunities.
- Maintain compliance of efficient internal controls on all transactions of mill assets and interests, including legal, state and local taxes and insurance claims.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Plan and direct the implementation of new procedures and controls as required by facility changes, product changes, and corporate policies and procedure changes.
- Maintain and oversee inventory records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Leadership role in supporting the corporate year-end financial audit and other audits throughout year.
- Assist with processing payroll for Sustana Fiber and Rolland USA Holdings.
- Provide visible and active leadership in delivering excellent safety results.
- Provide direct support for and full participation in the mill’s cost reduction and safety efforts/teams.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 7 years in manufacturing accounting experience required.
- Able to interpret and provide guidance on complex accounting topics.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Professional Certification (CPA or MBA) preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Sustana provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.