The Environmental, Health, Safety & Receiving Coordinator will manage all environmental related activities for Sustana to ensure complete compliance with regulations pertaining to the facility, as well as oversee the Safety Program. This position will work closely with the maintenance, operations, and management teams to maintain the highest level of environmental and safety compliance to ensure the highest level of uptime, and efficiency. This position will also contribute to the continued effort of sustainable business practices across the facility.
- Management of the Safety Program, including policies and procedures, safety training of all employees, accident investigations and Emergency Response Plan for company.
- Responsible for all OSHA reporting and correspondences.
- On call support for environmental and safety response.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies and officials on issues pertaining to environmental and safety programs. Ensuring all reporting is submitted on time.
- Lead the receiving group communications. Ensure all crews and management are informed of necessary information regarding safety, quality, cost, and productivity of the receiving area.
- Train all new associates in receiving area on wastepaper grades and quality.
- Review and modify the Receiving certification checklist and process as needed.
- Manage raw materials inventory process to include daily blending needs, run schedule needs and what is in the yard.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires strong computer skills with efficiency in MS Office
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Good organizational skills
- High level of initiative with the ability to work independently as well as follow directions.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Sustana provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.