The Maintenance Manager will have financial and operating responsibilities for safety, quality, cost, productivity and management of the plant maintenance and reliability team. A primary focus will be to provide leadership that builds future success of the business and continues the development of an empowered, highly motivated team. This position will also lead and manage activities around asset management by maintaining and enhancing equipment, improving substandard conditions, and requesting funds to upgrade equipment/facilities through budgets and capital funding requests.
- Supervise maintenance coordinators, and outside contractors.
- Responsible for leading the preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Plan and coordinate work assignments and timelines for maintenance staff.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Manage the CMMS; including work order entry, backlog analysis, work prioritization, and equipment tracking.
- Monitor, track, and communicate status of planned work orders to all associates.
- Lead maintenance coordinators with analysis of equipment failures and development preventative measures to increase the mean time between failures.
- Manage equipment history information and the library of repair records.
- Review and manage timeliness of equipment rebuilds.
- Ensure accurate CMMS records are kept.
- Encourage close team work between all functions; communicate with other departments regarding work schedules and work completion.
- Provide weekend maintenance coverage as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or equivalent) or equivalent work experience and relevant education required.
- 10+ years’ of progressively more accountable maintenance and reliability experience, ideally in the paper industry.
- Proven record of developing and implementing training and reliability programs and systems.
- Expertise in all aspects of maintenance excellence and engineering life cycle design
- Keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding – particularly as it relates to cost control/reduction, budgeting and capital expenditures.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Sustana Fiber provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.